Friday, October 31, 2008

To Rocky or not to Rocky? That is the question.

I'm stuck home alone on Halloween. Seeing as how I have no friends to hang out with in the Glens Falls area, I'm pretty bummed. I love Halloween parties and getting dressed up. But that doesn't work when you've got no where to go.

Yesterday I heard an ad on the radio that the Rocky Horror Picture Show is playing in Saratoga tonight. I've seen the movie a gazillion times (I first saw it in second grade, and performed a couple songs with a group in a talent show once - at a church summer camp of all places!), but I've never been to the live show or theatre screening. I had a friend who played Frank in Niagara Falls, and they had a showing at RIT every year, but I never actually went. Something always came up.

So now I'm considering driving down to Saratoga (about 20 minutes away) to go to the show. But I won't know anyone there. I mentioned it on facebook, and a friend told me I had two options: stay home, or wear a corset and make a bunch of new friends.

The problem is, I don't have anything particularly good to wear. The only corset I have doesn't fit properly - the back criss-cross has to be tightened to the point of overlapping - and I don't own any shiny hotpants or fishnets. The corset wouldn't be much good without those anyway. So I'd have to make do with moderately gothy dress I found in the back of my closet. Paired with knee-high leather boots and gowdy jewelry I should at least be passibly dressed for the event. I'd end up spending over a hundred bucks if I went out shopping for a proper costume, so that's not an option.

Basically, I'm posting this to psych myself up to go on my own. If I tell you all I'm going, I can't just wimp out and not bother. So wish me luck!

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

1 comments:

Trisha

You better go, and you BETTER take pictures with that new camera and post them when you get back! :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you too! :)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP