Monday, October 6, 2008

Purging feels good

Finally, we've sorted through all the junk in the basement. We're selling most of it. It's in two big piles - one for eBay, one for Craigslist. Billy's in charge of posting and selling the stuff. If it were up to me, we'd donate it all and get it done with. There is a small donate pile, and a pile of kids stuff to give to our niece. She's too small for it now, but it's not like we need children's books and stuffed animals!


Click here to check out our stuff on eBay!



The bummer is we still need to finish the office. Maybe we'll attack that later this week after the rest of the stuff has been posted. When we finish that, I'll give my pile of random school supplies (notebooks, paper, binders, etc.) to some sort of organization that deals with that kind of stuff. My flute and all the practice books that go with it will be given to one of our local schools. The thing is, the flute's kind of broken (~$20 repair). Do I get it fixed before donate it, or just let the music teacher take care of it? They can probably do the repair themselves - maybe I'll just ask if that's the case and pay to have it fixed if they can't do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous

You could also check out your local freecycle organization which is a great way to donate things. I use a few of my local chapters and its a great group of people that can really use the 'free' stuff.

- Sarah

Trisha

So, I've found your new blog. I have added you to Google Reader, so now I can keep up with how things are going in your life. SO, make sure you keep up with the blogging! ;)

Miss ya!
~Trish

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP