Friday, August 15, 2008

In Australia

I'm in Australia now. It's a bit colder than I expected. I knew it was supposed to be 30s-60s but I was hoping for more of the upper half of that range. The hotel is essentially not insulated, and we just have little AC/Heat units in the rooms. It took a few days, but I've finally gotten those figured out and the room to stay a reasonable temperature. Unfortunately, the room is like a cave. The bedroom has a glass brick window, the living room has a big picture window. On a sunny day, I can leave the curtains off the bedroom window to let in some warmth/light, but the but picture window has to stay covered. The glass just sucks all the warm out of the room otherwise. And it's not like I have a view. The big window just looks at the other side of the hallway our room is on. Even on a sunny day there's no direct sunshine, so I'd just have a view of a gray wall. So the curtains remain shut, and I live in a cave with no sense of whether it's night or day.

I'm pretty settled in now. But I'm totally off my 'forced activity' schedule. I haven't done a yoga session or completed a day of my pushups training since I got here. I did the first two sets of pushups for week 3 day 3 yesterday. They were killing me. I could only make it half way through the set and had to let my knees down to take a breather. I took too many days off. I think I'll go back to taking a daily yoga break (or a walk outside when it's nice). But I'm not giving up on the pushups.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP