Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chicos, Mama Mia, and Tamut

I went out with Mom today. oDesk.com where I work went down for a bit due to a nasty attack, so it was a good day for it. I got to visit the hospital gift shop where she volunteers, then headed over to New Town to see Momma Mia. We had time before the movie, so we walked around the shops. I love Chicos! Not only is it Tax Free weekend here in Virginia, but they had a serious clearance sale. Everything we got was from the 50% off racks - and that's 50% off of the already marked down sale price.

The original prices for what I bought were:
$42 + 36 + 58 + 68 + 32 + 32 + 32 = $300
The prices I paid:
$10 + 10 + 15 + 20 + 8 + 8 + 8 = $79

I was so in love with the one shirt I bought before the movie, I went back to get it in two more colors after the movie (I got it first in Heather Grey, then Ocean Teal and Optic White - I fought the urge to get the black as well). I also ended up getting a pair of white jeans when we went back. They were the most expensive item, and mom ended up getting a pair for herself. I've never owned white pants before, but after all the time I spent in them in the store finding the right size and style me, and then mom, I'm getting used to them. It was the same pair of pants, but it came in three lengths, and three cuts, and weird special sizes (I was thrilled to end up in a 00 - that's one step below the size chart I linked to).

Momma Mia is a fun movie. I bet the stage show is a riot. The movie was super cheesy - but it must have been super fun for all those actors to film. Besides, how seriously can you take a movie that's based on a broadway show that's based on a bunch of Abba songs!

Billy made it back to Anchorage today. So I finally got to talk to him again. That was a nice surprise - I didn't think I'd hear from him until tomorrow. Apparently I read the itinerary wrong. I was right about him getting back to the house of the 4th. But he'll leave again on the 5th, and I get back the 6th, so I won't see him til he gets back from Pensacola. And then we may have only a day (or less) before going to Australia! I went Googling and it seems that the two main hotels have internet I'll be able to use. I emailed them to ask for sure. The trip is only 3-4 weeks, a little short for me to all the way to the other side of the world, but I REALLY want to go to Australia. If I go or not depends on what the flight costs when Billy's able to book it (probably on the 4th).

Here's where we'd be going:


View Larger Map

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP