Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birthdays in Brazil

Once again, Billy and I celebrated our birthdays in Brazil (Feb 7 & 13). Billy worked on his birthday, but only a half day. We went out for lunch at the Churasscaria. It was fantastic. We spent the rest of the day watching movies on my laptop. In the evening, we went to our favorite ice cream shop for petit gateauxs. They are delicious there. We were so full of delicious meat and chocolate :)

For my birthday, Billy got stuck working late. I was hoping for gnocchi at our favorite pizza place. I thought they had a list of pastas at the back of the menu. I was right that there was a section listing gnocchi. But it's only available on the 29th of the month. Some weird Italian tradition that very popular in Latin America. I'm going to go back on the 29th of March, and probably every month after that :)

Since I couldn't get my pasta (there aren't any decent Italian restaurants in this town), we got pizza. My pizza was probably the best I've tried there - Canadian bacon and pineapple. And the onions I stole off of Billy's half. Yummy. I love hawaiian pizza. We got the small size (only 2 slices each) so we could hit up the ice cream shop for cake. They have a whole cooler full of awesome cakes - and we hadn't tried any of them yet! Billy had black forest cake with black forest ice cream. I had a vanilla cake with layers of vanilla and chocolate custard and marshmallow topping. And a side of ice cream (chocolate/vanilla swirl with tiny chocolate flakes - called pavé).

We'd hoped to go to the churasscaria again on Saturday. Billy had to work at 10-4, and the place isn't open for dinner. Why, I don't know. I asked the receptionist if there were any Italian restaurants (maybe we'd just missed it). We got a recommendation and a map. As it turned out, it wasn't Italian. But it was fantastic. So we were very happy. And too full for dessert! We ate too much to turn around and stuff ourselves at the Churasscaria today. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP